Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Moments of Shine…

Last night was my last dosage of medications out of my current med-pack. It slipped up on me before I could tell my father. Dad had another med-pack at his house, but it only had a noon and night dosage left.

“I’ll put the pills in the chair outside the door,” my father said early this morning when I called him. “I'll get one of the pharmacy techs to make you another med-pack and you can pick it up this afternoon.”

Knowing my father, there was fifty/fifty chance he would forget to put out my medications before he left for work. I drove over to his house with my fingers crossed this morning. There they were in a Ziploc bag sitting on a chair on the porch much to my delight. He also remembered my 28 day dose pack of heartburn medications I had asked for the day before. Thank goodness! I’ve become so accustomed to taking my medications around noon, that I wouldn’t know what to do without them. The withdrawal is quite palpable. It was one of my father’s moments of shine. I called him when I got home and told him he was awesome for remembering – my fears assuaged.   

This afternoon, I drove down to the pharmacy and they had my new med-pack ready. I took the opportunity to get me a few ice cold diet Cokes as well. A very nice treat!

Riding My Little Heart Out…

With the rigors of last night behind me, I've had the best time riding my Huffy cruiser bike up and down the street today despite the summer heat. I was very wobbly at first, but my equilibrium is adjusting. It has been ten or more years since I spent any amount of time on a bicycle.

This evening, after it cools down some, I am going to be bolder and head for parts unknown – other avenues in the neighborhood. Yes, riding a real bike is much different than riding an exercise bicycle. The hills kill you with that one speed bike, though. I need the “granny gear” of a road bike or mountain bike for that. The only true thing I need badly is a helmet. I couldn’t get up the gumption to visit Walmart and buy one today even though I passed it driving to the pharmacy this afternoon. 

No comments: