Saturday, August 25, 2018

Cats and Dogs, and an Iguana?

iguana2This weekend is my weekend to check on the animals while the Humane Society is closed. I am sitting here on Mrs. Barbara’s slow computer goofing off. All the animals now have food and water. I don’t know what has gotten in to me, but I am still getting up at ungodly hours. I was opening the gate this morning at 7 AM in the predawn dark. That’s 6 AM Tracy’s and Barbara’s time. The days are starting to get short again which depresses me somewhat. 

We are going to have to upgrade this computer. I checked and it has 4 GB of ram and is running Windows 8.1. I am hoping I have enough compatible sticks of ram at home to upgrade it to 16 GB of ram. Oh, don’t mind me. I am just rambling on. It would really supercharge that computer, though. I have a spare 250 GB (SSD) Samsung solid state drive I would like to install as well. Now, that would really speed things up. Zip, zoom, bam!

Someone left a full grown and healthy male iguana in a big box at the gate last week. We’ve been feeding it veggies and such like spinach and cabbage. Tracy is attached to it so Mrs. Barbara is unsure of what to do with it. Mrs. Barbara is scared of it and I tried to explain to her that they are harmless. They sell iguana food, but one of us would have to drive to Pet Smart in Auburn to get it. We really need a heat rock or heat lamp for it to bask under or on, but the kennels stay so warm this time of year it hasn’t been an issue yet. Tracy wants it to be our mascot and call it Iggy the iguana. People would come in just to see it she said. Mrs. Barbara reminded her we are not a petting zoo.

A big job is coming up next week. Tracy and I are going to be very busy. We have donation boxes shaped like sad hound dog heads all over at countless businesses throughout the Valley. There is a slot in the forehead to donate bills and change. Tracy and I are going to collect these hound dogs and then we are going to tally up our donations. That’s going to be a lot of change to count and roll for deposit. I will be volunteering all week next week needless to say.

No comments: