Monday, August 27, 2018

Balk Goes Grocery Guy…

“Oh, you can make it to the grocery store!” dad exclaimed over the phone as I balked. “I’ll drive you and help you unload as well.”

Dad showed up at my doorstep with a big plate of pork chops and rice and that kind of mushy canned asparagus I love. I was just absolutely exhausted from a busy day and it is a full moon as well. Maggie was the only ecstatic and enthusiastic one of the bunch – so glad to see her Papa.

“Get in the car and let’s go,” Old Fuss and Feathers barked. “You can eat your pork chops when you get home.”

Guess who was buying his groceries? Yes, you guessed it. It was Jermaine. I’ve begun to think Jermaine lives at the grocery store. I darted down the soup aisle just barely avoiding him in produce. I managed not to get caught tonight with tales of woe about his misfiring engine which I will eventually have to help him with.

My grand total was $88 dollars. I told you I am getting close to the century mark each time. Dad didn’t complain one bit going so far to brag on my amount of frozen meals and told me I did good despite my adverse condition. I really was dragging my heels something pitifully this evening. 

Dad helped me get all my groceries from his car to my doorstep and I took it from there. Most of my groceries are still in the bags, but I managed to get the cold and frozen stuff put away.

2 comments:

skinny minny said...

Have you ever thought about using Kroger's online ordering? where you order online and pick up in your car? They deliver to your car...no mega time or human contact...

Sharyn said...

You reminded me of when Fred and I would "big" shop. Remember we could only get groceries once a month, we lived so far from civilization! I, personally, would bag our groceries. I always made sure that "fridge/freezer" food were bagged separately so when we finally got home, those could be singled out and put up quickly. And then, we rest...LOL

I thought you liked Jermaine?