Friday, August 03, 2018

A Wee Little Visit…

“I asked Horsefly who he wanted to visit tonight and he said you,” Charlie told me. “So here we are. He usually likes to visit with my sister Polly who lives around the block.”

Maggie was just going nuts at this fortuitous event. You’d think she won the lottery.

“Say hello to Maggie Horsefly,” Charlie said as he took a seat on the couch.

Horsefly paced my house turning the lights on and off in every room. Maggie was with him every step of the way following him.

“Look at her,” Charlie said of Maggie. “She loves him.”

“You would think Maggie would be scared of Horsefly because of his mannerisms and because he talks so loud,” I replied.

“Oh, I’ve got you two ice cold Cokes in the car,” Charlie then said abruptly. “Walk out to the car with me to get them.”

I was relieved when they were diet and not regular. This is something my father would never do – this little perk Charlie affords me. Dad would be doing good just to get over here in one piece and remembering where his keys were.

“That’s why he stays so slim,” Charlie then said of Horsefly. “He never stops walking. The only time he stops is when he is in the bed or watching Sesame Street.”

“Well, we are going bowling,” Charlie told me. “Do you want to go?”

“I would be gutter ball central!” I exclaimed with a loud laugh.

Charlie told Horsefly to come on and they headed out my door to Valley Bowl.

“Love you,” Charlie said as he passed me.

“Love you, too!” I replied extremely heartfeltly.  

No comments: