Thursday, August 16, 2018

Thunder On the Horizon…

I volunteered today from 12 PM to 4 PM to make up for missing yesterday. I was very quiet today and both my coworkers picked up on it.

“What’s wrong with you?” Tracy worriedly asked me. “You are always jabbering away full of words.”

“Yesterday was my father’s birthday which was good, but I had a tough day overall,” I explained to her. “I am recuperating.”

I didn’t elaborate not wanting others to know such sensitive and personal business.

“I hope you get to feeling better,” Tracy told me sincerely. “I miss your witty good humor.”

WOW! donates wireless internet to the Humane Society. I had brought my Huawei tablet computer in with me today and kept checking the weather radar every thirty minutes. This intrigued Tracy. She loves my tablet because it is so thin and compact. The thing is not much thicker than a couple of quarters.

“What do you keep looking at?” She asked me this afternoon ever the busybody.

“He’s probably got an online girlfriend,” Mrs. Barbara said with a good-humored jeer and a laugh.

“Thunderstorms!” I said excitedly with an excitable grin. “We have some moving up from the South. I love keeping up with the weather.”

As I was preparing to head towards home, Mrs. Barbara asked me a question.

“Sweetheart? Do you think you could start coming in on Fridays as well?” She asked me. “We could really use you. Now tell me if I am asking too much of you.”

“I will be glad to,” I replied. “I will see you all early in the morning.”

No comments: