Friday, August 10, 2018

If You Can Fix It, Then You Can Have It…

exercise bikeI’ve had my eye on mom’s Schwinn exercise bicycle for awhile now. I want to get in shape before my mountain bike arrives. At least get a head start. Dad paid a chunk of change for it and my mother never rode it.

“It never has worked,” dad told me as I stood in his den after driving over.

“Let’s go work a little Andrew magic on it,” I replied.

Dad chuckled and said good luck.

I walked down in the basement and immediately looked for a power cord and plugged it up. Simplest things first applies to a lot of things in life and not just computers. The bright view screen came on and then you could adjust the pedal resistance.

“Did you get it fixed?” Dad asked as I walked back upstairs.

“It just wasn’t plugged up,” I told him.

“Well, I’ll be damned after all these years of it sitting in the basement!” Dad exclaimed. “Go get the white truck from Charlie and we will take it over to your house.”

The thing weighed an absolute ton and I think dad got into more than he bargained for. Maggie's not quite sure what to think of it as well. She just peers into the computer room at this apparent and perceived monstrosity.

4 comments:

glittermom said...

You should have left it there, you could use it when you stop over. Doesn’t it take up a lot of rooms.

Sharyn said...

Ya gotta plug them in!! LOL I have a Vitamix. I love my Vitamix. Someone borrowed it and when they returned it they told me it had ceased to work. I had suspected that they had just blown a breaker in their crap ass house. But I was between houses so it sat in storage. Then the person asked for it back. Since it didn't work, would I just give it to them and "maybe" they could get it fixed. For them to keep, not to return. By then, I knew it worked fine so I played with the person a bit before telling them it works just fine!! I also loaned out MY exercise bike and got it back broken. No resistance, just pedals that fly around in a circle. Yeah, still mad about that one! lol

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

I m glad you are helping George. He is a good fellow.

PipeTobacco

Andrew said...

It is good to see my friends commenting. Thank you!!!!