Thursday, August 02, 2018

Duty Calls…

Angie, the pharmacy owner, called my father early this morning and asked him to come into work at 2 PM. You have never heard a grown man whine so much in your life. I was over at his house to pick up some beautiful tomatoes he bought at the farmer’s market or curb market as it is known around here.

“Martha would have said no,” I told my father as I chucked.

Dad chuckled and said I was probably right.

“I want to stay in my pajamas all day and watch the television,” dad told me. “I am going to miss most of Dr. Phil today.”

“Order my computer parts,” I then told him sheepishly always in fear of angering him over such matters.

He forgot Monday and Tuesday saying they were really busy. I had the choice of a new mountain bike, new wheels for my car, an aquarium, or computer parts. The choice was obvious.

I don’t know why Matt, the pharmacy computer guru, has to order them. We could just order them at home. My father can be so damn stubborn at times.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

You should get the bike...good exercise and weight loss helper. Plus I think you’d enjoy tooling around on your new bike