Thursday, August 23, 2018

Jurassic Blogging…

I really should give up my efforts here and join everyone on Facebook. Every single one of my my old blogging friends is over there. I could share the meme of the day and comment on my sister-in-law’s countless photos of her kids. I could watch cooking videos that are too complicated to make or remember. The problem is that Facebook is not conducive to anonymity and long form writing. My writings would be neutered per se – short blurbs that wouldn’t tell a complete story. I could never, ever write about Johnny Otis’s forays into drinking for example. The saving grace for Facebook for me is all the scale modelling groups and model railroading groups.

5 comments:

glittermom said...

You could do both. Just use Facebook for the railroading stuff. I personally hate Facebook.

skinny minny said...

you do you. I love reading long form and mostly ignore most of my "friends" on FB using it more for gossip and irritation plus occasionally some sort of party or business thing for friends and myself but most of the long stories I prefer blogs and the like better
I find I like the ability to be anonymous and more selective with readers in blogging. I need to start mine again....

Sharyn said...

I loved Blogging! On Facebook, people complained either I was TOO wordy or didn't explain enough. Twitter holds you to 140 characters and spaces but I think they added more. You might like Instagram for the joy of taking your storm pics and posting and telling about them. I bounce between Instagram where the grands are and Twitter where I prefer to be. I do a lot of Hashtag talk. For instance, all TV shows show a hashtag now somewhere on the corner of the screen. People meet using that hashtag to talk about the show. In real time. I have maybe 3 shows I do that with. In fact, I am trying to become the "New Twitter Sensation". Totally self titled....LOL

As for the new Facebook features, I don't like them. With Skype, you made an appt with your friend and went f2f at that time. NOW, I answer my phone and there's a face staring back at me. Sorry, I forget and answer the phone naked. The chat drove me nuts. Angel Memes!! Send this to 20 friends (obviously people you never want to talk to again) and send it back to me!! I HATE those. Those will get a person unfriended! LOL

But without Blogs, FB, Twitter, Instagram; what WILL be the next technological "thing"?

PipeTobacco said...

Sir:

Not ALL of your Blogging friends are on FaceBook. :(

PipeTobacco

Andrew said...

Pipe, I didn't know you still blogged. I will have to check out your latest writings.