Sunday, August 12, 2018

O-U-T OF S-H-A-P-E…

get out and rideWell, this morning the house was nice and cool. (I turn the air down to 75° degrees in the evening before bed.) Charlie came by really, really early this morning with biscuits for the Mags and I and a gigantic diet Coke for me. This was a blessing. I ate my sausage biscuit and decided to “ride it off”. LOL I rode three miniscule miles and was huffing and puffing and my heart was beating something crazy. I am so very much out of shape. All these times of just sitting in front of my computer all day have caught up with me and are haunting me. I am not going to give up though. I am serious about this weight loss shit (superfluous profanity!). Maybe I will ride four miles tomorrow.

Hopefully, my much anticipated mountain bike will be here soon. Dad said he thought it was on backorder yesterday, but I am not giving up hope so soon. The bike I picked turned out to be Walmart’s best seller which would just be my luck. The silver color, which I wanted, is already sold-out. I think riding an actual bicycle will be a vastly different experience than riding an exercise bicycle.

2 comments:

skinny minny said...

I know it's hard but take it slow. 3 miles is Nothing to sneeze at. How long did it take you? I would honestly go for increasing time vs distance in the beginning. go for 5 minute increment increases personally. I can walk for hours and not have a problem but running/jogging I am lucky to get 30 seconds without death being the result. As I have walked the length of time it takes to go a certain distance decreases but I Have increased my time not worried about distance and distance has increased as has speed.

glittermom said...

I think riding a real bike would go faster, you have stuff to look at and fresh air. You probably should have a bike helmet.