Monday, August 20, 2018

Back to the Basics…

Cold Brew CoffeeI didn’t buy diet food tonight with dad’s strong urgings. I ran out of food early last week and dad subsidized my diet for a few days there out of his pantry. I ended up eating lots of neat and odd food – food dad didn’t care to eat or have. One night, Charlie brought me a big grab bag of snacks.

“Eat sensibly and eat in moderation,” my father told me as we walked across Kroger’s parking lot tonight. “And then you can eat what you like.”

I got a lot of stuff to make sandwiches. Oh, I did buy a dozen Lean Cuisine frozen meals which are technically a diet food I guess. Dad made sure of that.

“Get you some frozen meals,” dad kept telling me as we passed in the grocery store.

He was doing his shopping as well.

My big splurge tonight was a big fancy bottle of Califia cold brew coffee which I wanted to try. It was $4.99 for the bottle, but the bottle is huge.

I bought a few Chinese frozen meals I like as well. Got to have a little General Tso’s or chicken chow mein.

I was a big spender once again. I spent $90 dollars. Dad never says a word about it these days which is very kind of him. I guess that is just going to be the norm from here on out. I seem to spend around $100 dollars regularly lately.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

We too are trying to eat healthier. But the better the food, the more it costs!!