Friday, August 24, 2018

Yay! I’m Home…

My heart just wasn’t in volunteering today. I was just going through the motions like an automaton. Tracy kept coming back into the kennels to talk to me and said I was a terrible conversationalist this morning. My head was in the clouds and I was in some galaxy far, far away. I finished up my duties, told everyone to have a good day, and headed back up through the Valley glad to be headed home. I only stopped at Daniel’s to get a bag of their little crispy and well done burgers. Delicious!

Making Facebook Work for Me…

I have just about unfollowed everyone I was friends with in Facebook. We are still friends and they can see what I write, but I can’t see what they write. Now, I am mainly showing my model railroad and railroading groups which are quite a few. It is a breath of fresh air not to have to wade through inspirational quotes, memes, cat shenanigan videos, pictures of children and babies, and recipes.  I also turned off Facebook chat. No more messages from Laura, Tuleana, and Wendy. I am not interested in dating at this moment anyway. I guess I am coming across as an old curmudgeon and spoilsport, but it works for me.

Waffling On What to Get…

Asus Computer MonitorAs the 1st of the month soon approaches, I am yet again faced with more purchasing power and the conundrum of what to get with my money. I now have a bicycle and feel it would be frivolous to order another. My father never ordered my mountain bike as I had surmised. I am now leaning towards a nice and new ultra high definition monitor for my computer room computer. It would be nice to watch my Blu-Ray movies all in 4k ultra high definition glory.

ASUS MG28UQ Black 28" 1ms (GTG) 4K Ultra High Definition Adaptive-Sync (Free Sync) Gaming Monitor, 3840 x 2160 , W/ Asus Exclusive GamePlus and Flicker free Technology, Pivot &Height Adjustment, Built-in Speakers. $379.99

3 comments:

Summer said...

I think I'm offended...hahaha. Do what you have to do to be comfortable!

Andrew said...

Summer, you're not unfollowed. What you share is hilarious.

Summer said...

Thank you. I try not to get too serious, but I do have my days.