Thursday, August 16, 2018

Eating Myself Out Of House and Home…

addictionI was having such a tough day yesterday addiction wise. I had to use one of my emergency packs of cigarettes from the freezer I was smoking so much. That’s the second time this week I’ve had to do that. I couldn’t quit eating – eating a whole pack of ice cream bars over the course of the afternoon. My house is messy as well and needs tidying up. It is really getting on my nerves. I ate a gigantic 1000 calorie $24 dollar Maverick ribeye steak at Longhorn (the calories are on the menu). I was so frustrated with myself – my seeming lack of self control.

Then, I had to think to myself how blessed I am. We all have bad days. I have Maggie, my dearest. I have a paid for home to come to every night. There was a time I was sleeping in a tent in the woods – no home to call my own hopeless, hungry, and cold. I have a very comfortable and warm bed to sleep in. I also have a very nice and dependable car these days. I guess it is all relative – my addiction problems that is. Maybe today will be a better day food wise and cigarette wise. I did get in a long bike ride last night after I had returned home. I was huffing and puffing coming up the hill to my house at the end of my ride sounding like a steam engine pulling a heavy load.

3 comments:

glittermom said...

This can happened if you deprive yourself of anything you like. It all has to do with moderation, not depriving yourself. Eat your normal food just cut back on quanity.

Sharyn said...

I think seeing and acknowledging the problem (extra cigs, giant steak) is the first start to solving the issue. But it's more than just eating or smoking more. What triggered the change in behaviour? Are you caring for your new George too much? Are Rich and Tut taking up your time? If you are stressing about the neighbor's alcoholic detox or whether THEY will call and nag you to go to Walmart; well, that's bad and you will just have to take care of yourself. Get all "Christeen" dramatic...."YOU PEOPLE are killing me!!!" "Gonna send me to an early grave, they are!!!!" LOL

Kran's Crackers said...

We all have bad days. The important thing is that they're days here and there, and not something we stay in for weeks at a time.
Sharon