Friday, August 17, 2018

A Very Banner Day!

dog and catToday, three dogs were adopted and four cats were adopted. The Humane Society crew was ecstatic. Tracy came back into the kennels to give me a high five. Finding animals a home is our utmost duty and responsibility, and it makes all the work and cleaning worthwhile.

Tracy and I cleaned especially hard today so we wouldn’t have to clean so much come Monday after the weekend. I usually go home at lunch, but stayed until six this evening cleaning kennels. Tracy helped me put out fresh food and fill water bowls to the brim. I am one tired little puppy to coin an apt phrase!

Mrs. Barbara informed us today that in a few weeks she is going to start opening for business on Saturdays from eight until noon. There has been a demand for it. We all thought it was a good idea with regards to the late working crowd being able to adopt.

Rides of Glory…

Huffy CruiserI still have my bike ride to accomplish this evening. My big goal is to ride around the block twice before I am winded. I slowly go a little farther every evening. It’s a really good feeling. Those endorphins get to flowing as you exercise. Dad calls me every night to see if I rode my bike and to get a status report. And you know what? It is also a lot of fun. 

Dad keeps saying my mountain bike is on backorder, but I have deep-seated fears he didn’t order it. Soon, it will be next month and I will have $400 dollars to spend. If so, then I am going to get a much nicer mountain bike with that money – about the best mountain bike Walmart sells at $379 dollars. The crème de la crème.

The 29" Mongoose XR-PRO Men's Mountain Bike

Mongoose XT-Pro

No comments: