Sunday, August 26, 2018

It is 3:30 PM and I am Calling it Quits…

pizzaI was in the bed at 9 PM last night. Charlie woke me up at 9:30 AM with breakfast. I overslept this morning and boy was it nice. I felt like a million dollars is what I told Charlie and my father. Charlie made a remark about how good my hair looks and then he was on his way to my father’s house with my father’s biscuit and senior coffee. I ate breakfast, took a shower, gathered a bag of essential computer parts and tools, and headed to the Humane Society down through the Valley.

evo850_250gb_grandeI did manage to upgrade Mrs. Barbara’s computer this afternoon after taking care of my feeding and watering chores. It now has 16 GB of system memory and I transferred the operating system and all her files to a 250 GB solid state drive which is now the boot drive. She can use her old 500 GB hard drive for files, photos, and such as I formatted it and it is clean and ready for use. It is like a different computer I tell you. It boots up in seconds instead of minutes now. She is going to be so surprised and delighted. I was tempted to upgrade her to Windows 10, but thought it may confuse her.

When I arrived home this afternoon, dad called me and told me to come and get some leftovers just as I had hoped last night. I got a huge bag of “the works” pizza and a big box of sausage and cheese lasagna. Dad said there is plenty more to be had after I eat what he gave me today. He inquired if I liked vegetarian lasagna and I replied that I most certainly did. There was a whole pan in the basement fridge.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

It is no secret anymore that after 3pm, I am gone. You cannot get me out of the house for anything. 9pm I go into my reading phase. I need routine and ritual. What's up with your dad? For so many years, he wouldn't let you make a move without him knowing! Now, he trusts you with the meds he so lorded over you for so long. I'm suspicious....

Also noticed you are taking anonymous comments again.....

skinny minny said...

Maybe you should invite Charlie and your dad over cook them dinner or something? that way they have reason to stay and get to give Maggie and you all the loving you two need. Or maybe Charlie and his wife and even horsefly ( if he does that kind of thing)? something to say thanks and we miss you.
I think it is great that your Dad is trusting you more and more. And even more great that you are handling everything so well and earning more and more of his trust.