Tuesday, August 21, 2018

The Cycling of a Different Kind…

risperdal_consta_25mg_37.5mg_50mgI looked at the clock on my computer and it read 8:55 AM. It was time to drive down to the pharmacy and then go get my injection. I was giving them some time to open the store and get my prescription filled. Maggie had a hissy fit that I was leaving and going somewhere in the car.

What about our tranquil morning in the computer room listening to ambient music?” she seemed to impart.

Dad shortly handed me the Risperdal Consta box and I was good to go. I signed in at Kamath medical at 15 after 9. My appointment time was really 9 AM, but they allow me some leeway.

“Does your life ever go in cycles?” I asked Rebecca as she dutifully prepared my injection this morning.

“What do you mean?” she asked me with an inquisitive glare.

“Right now, I am going to bed early and getting up really, really early,” I replied. “I was wide awake at 6 AM this morning.”

“The kids and work dictate my cycles,” Rebecca then told me. “Breakfast, off to school, work at eight, etc.”

“I sometimes wonder what it would be like to be a parent,” I replied wistfully.

“It can be a handful,” Rebecca told me with a chuckle. “But I wouldn’t trade it for anything in the world.”

Rebecca injected the Risperdal which was extremely painful this morning. I bled a pretty good bit as well and there was blood on my Band-Aid. I didn’t say anything about it as it would just worry her for naught.

No comments: