Wednesday, October 24, 2018

A Fast for Fast’s Sake…

LanceThe lowest I’ve ever spent on groceries is $46 dollars. The new low tonight was $41 big smackaroos. Nothing appealed to me and I just wasn’t hungry. I bought a mega pack of cinnamon applesauce which was my biggest expense at $6.99. I also bought two big bottles of cold brew coffee which is a morning treat as I sit in front of the computer. Sliced ham, mayonnaise, and fresh bread was also on the menu.

Old Fuss and Feathers looked into my cart and said, “You don’t seem to have enough and we are not making a return trip to the grocery store. You better go back and get some more.”

“I still have all those frozen meals from a few weeks ago in my freezer,” I replied to him reassuringly.

“Well, maybe this will help you with your diet,” he said in turn.

I still have most of the cheese and meat I bought last week as well. Those were put in the freezer. I had to put both loaves of bread from last week in the freezer as well. I just haven’t been hungry – mainly munching on cheese on wheat crackers and drinking water. Oh, I did get two Coke Zeros tonight which is my treat while I am writing this.

We were walking across Kroger’s parking lot when Old Fuss and Feathers asked if I was still riding my bicycle.

“I try to ride it every night until my heart rate really gets to going which usually means around the block a few times,” I replied.

“That will help your diet more than anything,” he said as we climbed into our cars. “I try to walk at least one mile a day for my heart.”

No comments: