Monday, October 29, 2018

SAMANTHA!

cat in headlights

Old Fuss and Feathers sounded exhausted over the phone tonight. He had to work all day for 10 hours. I had to call him to tell him I wanted to go grocery shopping Wednesday night instead of tonight. I think he was relieved that we didn’t have to go. My injection is in the morning and I have enough on my plate at the moment. I feel a lot of anxiety about that tomorrow for some reason. Maybe it was the harrowing experience with my injection two weeks ago.

“I can’t find Samantha!” dad then said worriedly. “She always greets me on the porch when I get off of work.”

“Do you want me to drive over and help you find her?” I asked.

“No, but I will call you when she turns up,” Papa replied.

“Please do!” I told him.

Andrew to the Rescue…

Well, I took the initiative and drove over to my father’s house anyway to see if I could roust Samantha out from the woods next to his house. I thought a car coming down the driveway would pique her curiosity. She was sitting in the long back driveway when I arrived. I got out and put her in the car with me and drove on to my father’s house.

“There are people worried about you, you silly cat,” I told her.

I knocked on the back door with Miss Samantha in hand. Dad was just overjoyed at seeing her.

“Bad pussy!” he said as I handed her to him. “You are being a bad pussy!”

“Come in and get you a Coke and stay a little while,” Old Fuss and Feathers told me.

So I drank a delicious and crisp diet Coke and watched a lady make a scrumptious looking lemon and raspberry cheesecake on Food TV then I headed back to my humble home.

No comments: