Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Where Art Thou, Rebecca?

pretty nurseInjection Time! Do you prefer coffee or tea with your injection?

It was downright cold this morning as I set out for Kamath Medical and the pharmacy. The temperature was 41° degrees according to my car. I was pleased I had donned my very warm suede leather jacket. I couldn’t see out the windows of my car worth a poot due to all the dew that had formed, though. It was a crap shoot traffic wise until my car got warmed up and the windows cleared. The morning sun was also just blinding as I drove.

I got nurse Tara again today. I leerily gave her my injection as I sat down to watch the process gritting my teeth along the way. Amazingly, she did fine this morning. I was worried for nothing. She insists on injecting me in my hip and not my buttock, though. That always worries me. I told Old Fuss and Feathers I can’t help it when I got back to the pharmacy. I am like my mother in a lot of ways. We’re both very literal and we follow the instructions.

“Where is my Rebecca?” I deftly asked Tara this morning.

“She’s got a doctor’s appointment,” she replied. “She will be back in the next two weeks.”

“Oh, okay,” I said. “I was just worried about her. She has been giving me this injection for ten years.”

“She’s been here a very long time,” Tara replied blithely.

“I had worriedly thought she had quit working here,” I told Tara.

Rebecca would get in touch with me, though, if that had happened. She would have at least called my father at the pharmacy.

No comments: