Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I Am Branching Out to Appliances…

s-l1600Dad gave me his relatively new 46 inch Samsung television tonight.

“It you can fix it, then you can have it,” he told me.

Charlie was along for the ride in the white truck and helped us bring the surprisingly heavy television inside. I told ya the white truck brings great things.

“John, I bet he can get it working,” Charlie told my father.

I immediately took the back cover off the TV and immediately found the problem. It is the power PCB that supplies power to the backlights that light the picture on the television. I wrote down the part number and searched the internet and it is going to cost $85.00 to replace it. Dad said if the part was $100 dollars and less then I could order it.

I am just happy with glee that the part was so easily obtainable and was for order. I whipped out my debit card and soon the order was processed. It is going to take about a week to get here according to the shipping information.

This will be the nicest television I have ever owned. I just hope I can put it all back together again. It is going to be squirrelly getting the speakers back in place and aligned with the back cover.

No comments: