Monday, October 08, 2018

On the Right Track…

“Let’s get back on track,” my father said over the phone tonight concerning groceries.

Traditionally, I would always go on Monday nights, but my father and I have a habit of procrastinating.  It’s one of the more unpleasant things I inherited from him.

“I’ve got plenty of groceries, but this will get me way ahead of the game,” I told him. “I’m ready to go if you are.”

I had thoughts of expensive Mrs. Grissom’s pimento cheese and chicken salad on my mind. I also want some Reese’s peanut butter cups since all the candy is on sale for Halloween. Third on my mind was sliced cheese for sandwiches which is always too expensive on a normal grocery store run.

“We will wait until about nine,” Old Fuss and Feathers said. “I will call you when it is time to head out and I will meet you there.”

“Sounds good to me,” I said and then we got off the phone.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Do you find that your habit of doing things late affects your mental curiosities? After about 3pm, my anxiety really sets in and I'm a home body! Add night blindness and a new fear of driving (Since that last lady tried to kill us) and there's no going out for me!