Friday, October 12, 2018

Careful You Must Be Young Padawan…

When it concerns my medications that is. Dad and Charlie just stopped by for a short visit and dad wanted to see my medications. I wasn’t expecting them at all. I already had my pajamas on and was dozing off in my recliner. One light was on in the room and the TV was off. Maggie was on the couch in her usual sleeping arrangements.

“It is after nine and you haven’t taken your nightly dose!” he sternly told me.

Maggie was barking so loudly I could barely hear my father talk. She was just so happy to see them.

“I was just about to take them before you two arrived tonight,” I said scrambling to save face.

“Are you having trouble remembering to take you medications?” Old Fuss and Feathers asked.

“No, not at all,” I replied explicitly. “You just caught me at the wrong moment.”

“Well, I trust you,” Old Fuss and Feathers told me as he studied my dose pack for any missed dosages.

I fearfully thought for a moment there he was going to try and take back my medications, and start making me take them all at night again.

“John, show some faith in him,” Charlie told my father as they were leaving. “He is doing better than he ever has.”

Charlie made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Thank you, Charlie, for that voice of support!

3 comments:

Summer said...

I was surprised that there was a royal wedding yesterday. Did your father miss it?

Andrew said...

Summer, I was unaware as well. I am sure dad knew and watched it on the television. That's very interesting. Thank you for sharing that.

Summer said...

Your father needs to keep me informed. Haha