Sunday, October 28, 2018

Such a Much More Reasonable Time…

bacon egg cheese biscuitMy good buddy Charlie didn’t show up until 10am this morning with breakfast. I was still in bed when Maggie’s proximity radar went off and loud barking ensued. She then realized it was Charlie and put on a grand show of affection.

“Put some clothes on,” Charlie said with a laugh. “You’re as immodest as your father.”

I answered the door in my gray skivvies and a white t-shirt.

“The next Sunday I will wear my red thong,” I quipped at Charlie.

“Oh hush!” Charlie said laughing some more.

Back to the business at hand.

“They were out of sausage so I got you and Maggie bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits,” Charlie told me.

I was inwardly yelling, “YES!” Variety is the spice of life, no?

Maggie and I ate our delicious breakfasts and then I headed over to my father’s house after a quick shower.

“You’ve got that homeless look going on,” Old Fuss and Feathers said letting me in the back door. “I wish you would throw those pants away.”

“Alright Hyacinth,” I said with a chuckle.

You know we have to keep up appearances around here. How dare I don the homeless look. I call it casual. 

“You also forgot to shave,” Old Fuss and Feathers said admonishing me some more.

“I came over just wanting to see you and I get the third degree,” I told Old Fuss and Feathers.

He was living up to his namesake today. Harumppff! I don’t pay any attention to that stuff, though. There are much bigger fish to fry in my book than to squabble over such trifles. He was glad to see me just the same.  .

No comments: