Sunday, October 28, 2018

Are They Here Yet?

Super Crispy Chicken TendersMaggie sat patiently in the window watching out for Charlie and Papa as I sat fiddling with my tablet computer tonight. Every car that drove by piqued Maggie’s interest and she sighed when it wasn’t them. Then there was this one peculiar looking car that pulled up to the curb, but didn’t turn its lights off. Could this be them?

“Papa and Charlie are here!!!” I decreed and Maggie went apeshit bananas jumping on and off the couch repetitively.

I walked out to the car to help them carry everything in careful to leave the screen door shut so Maggie could look out and see everything that was going on..

“Have we got a hungry dog?” Old Fuss and Feathers asked with a big grin as we walked across my front yard.

Maggie was barking fervently through the screen door like a mad dog.

“I got Maggie a big treat,” Old Fuss and Feathers told me. “She’s got a big box of chicken strips!”

I thanked dad for doing that for Maggie. Variety truly is the spice of life as I had written earlier in the day. I know she gets so tired of her dog food. Maggie ate the strips about as fast as I could put them on the floor.

We only had one SNAFU in that all the drinks were regular drinks and not diet. Charlie and them don’t drink sodas so they give them all to me. I drank one and poured the other three down the sink. It was just too tempting not to as I love a sugary soda and I could see me gorging myself on the rest of those sugary drinks.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

One time, 5 of us went thru McD's drivethru. We wanted 5-$1 Sweet Teas. What we got was an assortment of different sodas, Coke, 7Up, Rootbeer, Fruit Punch and ONE UNsweet Tea. Now I know what those first couple of parking places are for. We didn't have those in CA. There, you got your order and found out it was wrong on the highway somewhere. Fred actually drove a half an hour back to a town to complain (They had left off our top buns!)!