Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Greetings Humble Visitors!

I heard a very loud knock on the glass of my door tonight and looked out the window. It was Charlie and Horsefly. I was itching for some company so this just suited me fine.

“What are you two up to?” I asked answering the door.

“Horsefly wanted to visit with you tonight,” Charlie said. “He even wanted to see Maggie.”

“Well, y’all come on inside and make yourselves at home.”

Horsefly proceeded to check every light in the house – flicking the switch on then off. He even got fixated with the antique lamp on my computer desk in the den. Horsefly was also soaking wet from sweat after bowling five games. He had a towel draped around his neck. Charlie tried to clean him up some more not to much avail.

“Did he bowl lots of strikes and spares tonight?” I asked Charlie and Horsefly echoed my words.

“Yes, thankfully dear god!” Charlie replied laughing. “The Fly gets mighty upset when he starts bowling gutter balls.”

“What happens when you start to bowl gutter balls Mr. Charlie?” Horsefly asked.

“Bad things,” Charlie replied. “Let’s not talk about it.”

As soon as they arrived, then Horsefly was ready to go. Charlie smiled as Horsefly said goodbye to Maggie and I. Maggie finds Horsefly fascinating and will follow him around the house.

“This may become regular,” Charlie told me. “Are you okay with that?”

“I would welcome the company,” I replied heartfeltly. “I don’t go to bed until eleven.”

“Maybe we will stay longer next time,” Charlie said.

Horsefly once again said goodbye and Charlie and him drove off to other avenues and what fancied Horsefly’s mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you got some company last night. I guess it is hard to carry on a conversation with Maggie! Ha! What happens when Horsefly bowls gutter balls?

Jennifer 💖💖💖

Andrew said...

He will cry hysterically and pound his fists upon your chest violently. It is not a pretty sight.