Friday, October 26, 2018

Chili Dogs With Papa…

chili dogs“I’ve made some chili and boiled some hot dogs,” Old Fuss and Feathers said tonight. “Come over and eat supper with me and we will watch an episode of Mars on the National Geographic AppleTV channel.”

I was cranking my car before my father could even hang up the phone. The chili dogs were absolutely delicious. I ate two and got chili all over my hands. It was the first hot and cooked meal I’ve had all week and I relished it. The dill pickles and sour cream and onion potato chips were just the accruements the doctor ordered.

“I swear you could make a dish rag taste good,” I told my father. ”Just like your mother could.”

He ate up the praise. You could see him smiling as I said it and he wiped down the kitchen counters after our meal.

I didn’t stay real long as I forgot my cigarettes and was jonesing badly about 45 minutes into the first episode. Damn things. I’ve got to quit them for good.

1 comment:

Summer said...

It's so nice that you and your dad do things for one another.