Friday, October 12, 2018

Prickling With Pretense…

“Did you ever go to college?” Tracy asked me chirpily as we sat outside on this beautiful Friday.

Our chores were complete and we brought our lawn chairs outside to enjoy the sunshine on this cool and refreshing day. We were hoping some people would show up wanting to adopt some animals.

“I was a music major in college,” I replied. “I attended the University of Montevallo.”

“You sing? Really?” Tracy asked with an astonished look on her face.

“I used to,” I quickly added before Tracy could harangue me into belting out a tune.

Tracy is currently in college to be a veterinary technician so she says. She is doing quite well from the way she talks taking night courses out at the local community college.

“I learn something new and interesting about you every day,” she told me very happily.

“I am still broken up with Michael,” she announced to the both of us. “Kicked him to the curb I did.”

“I will believe it when it has been a few weeks!” I exclaimed.

Mrs. Barbara said, “hear! hear!” echoing my thoughts.

Mrs. Barbara barely fits into her lawn chair. She is rather rotund.

“Her lawn chair is going to break any moment,” Tracy whispered to me and we both snickered.

“Hey, what are you two whispering about?” Mrs. Barbara asked. 

“Oh nothing,” Tracy said as she shrugged her shoulders.

I’ve said it before and I will say it again that Tracy is a busybody. She will tend to your business if you let her. She is also a supreme extrovert which can clash with my extreme introversion. . 

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Don’t they say opposites attract.