Wednesday, October 24, 2018

October 24 Tablet Scribblings–Tearful Goodbyes…

brindelA neatly dressed couple came in this morning with a little brindle Boston Terrier. They were standing in the lobby as I walked in from the kennels. The dog was thankfully tethered to a leash.

“We can’t keep him anymore,” the male counterpart told Mrs. Barbara. “He’s tearing up and chewing on all the furniture.”

“I paid $300 dollars for that dog!” the wife snapped at the husband mournfully.

“If he is experiencing separation anxiety, then you can leave the TV running or have music playing,” I told the fella hoping for a better outcome.

Boston’s have always seemed like high maintenance dogs to me. We rarely get them at the Humane Society, though. When we do get them they don’t stick around too long.

The wife was sniffling and blowing her nose with Kleenex at this point in the matter.

“Do y’all have room for him?” the man asked clearly ready to get rid of this dog.

“Take him on back to the kennels, Andrew,” Mrs. Barbara told me.

I grabbed the leash and the dog followed me to the door.

The wife burst out crying at this point. It was clearly her dog in this matter. I wonder if this dog is going to be a serial returner which we get such a dog from time to time. Especially if he’s got a hankering for tearing up couches and couch cushions.

1 comment:

Sharyn said...

Training. You have to work with them!! Did you see this?? http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-kentucky-kroger-store-shooting-20181024-story.html Watch yourself at the Kroger store!!