Thursday, October 04, 2018

We Spoke of Better Days and Better Nights and They Have Come…

Having a much better day today. I escaped Walmart once again. I found a pair of blue jeans buried in my closet that fit me and my father found them acceptable. I don’t know why I have to dress up for the doctor, but I do. I guess it is old Fuss and Feathers keeping up appearances.

Some switch in my brain was flicked overnight and it has been smooth sailing today. I’m lucid and alert. No panic attacks whatsoever to speak of. I just called my father and asked him if I could go put gas in my car (a good sign) and he told me he would call me back when he gets home.

“Act normal tomorrow,” my father told me this afternoon. “Because you don’t want to go into the hospital.”

“I’m fine today,” I told him. “I am feeling fit as a fiddle.”

“Let’s hope it holds true for tomorrow,” my father answered rather morosely and not very encouragingly.

30 Minutes Later…

“I’m down here at the Circle K,” dad said over his phone. “Drive down and we will fill up your car.”

It cost me $27 dollars to fill my car up and I was on dead empty. My Civic is much more frugal with gas than my CR-V was.

“Let’s go get you some treats – something to eat and drink,” my father then said supervisory. “Don’t look at the beer.”

I had told him early this morning I had cravings for Schlitz malt liquor or Colt 45 today. Malt liquor is sweeter than beer and brewed differently. It will knock your pants off as well.

I felt like a kid in a candy store. I got some red hot sausages, a big bag of fried pork skins, and a cherry Coke. I made the mistake of giving Maggie a few pork skins when I got home and now she is wild for more. I’ve created a monster.

No comments: