Sunday, October 14, 2018

Make Haste! Make Haste! For There Are Others to Feed…

I made it easy on Charlie and Old Fuss and Feathers tonight. I ordered a 3 piece box of KFC. They didn’t have to drive down and pick up pizzas. I got two breasts and a wing so Maggie got one breast and is a very happy and satiated dog. I carefully picked the meat off the bones as usual. No bones for Maggie!

Dad got to playing the piano once they arrived. Charlie was emptying the trash and getting Maggie a fresh bowl of water.

“Come on!” Charlie said. “We’ve got to go! Horsefly is waiting on his chicken fingers!”

“Let me finish this hymn,” Old Fuss and Feathers said as he continued to play.

He was playing Tell Me the Story of Jesus.

“Goddammit, John! We’ve got to go!” Charlie barked at my father one more time.

Dad finally relinquished control of the piano and they were gone just like that. The house was quiet again with just the whir of my computers to keep me company. Maggie is like a ghost when all is well. She will sneak out of a room and return without you knowing it. She’s full and sleepy and laying on the computer room rug as I’ve started to play some chillstep/future garage music on YouTube.

3 comments:

Sharyn said...

I wish I knew how your dad and Charlie keep such a close friendship! Does your dad ever help with Horsefly, like Charlie helps you? I guess Janice has a full life too, she has Horsefly most of the time. Do they have some sort of help come in to respite them? I hope Janice has a friend to talk to, like Charlie does. I only got on this subject because adult friendships fascinate me. You have the TV Shows (Little Women, for instance) where "the girls" shop and travel and meet for drinks. My mother never did that. I have never had TIME to do that and now that I am old, I would love an old lady friend. Maybe the ship has sailed on that one! LOL

Sharyn said...

Oh forgot to tell you! My sister in law told me she had to go to the Pharmacy and she lives "in a small town in Alabama"! But without eluding to your blog and your dad the Pharmacist, I found out she's more FloriBama than ALAbama. But it was interesting. And would have been more so if she had lived in your town and used your dad's pharmacy! LOL

Ivy Green said...
This comment has been removed by the author.