Thursday, October 18, 2018

Dearest Maggie, I Am So Sorry!

Maggie woke me up at seven sitting in the doorway to my bedroom and barking loudly. She was trying to rouse me from sleep. Then she started to make those mewling noises I know all too well. Her dog door was locked. It had been locked since the meter reader came yesterday. I have this mental block when it concerns her locked dog door for some reason.

“Come on, girl,” I said sleepily. “Let’s let you out for a potty break.”

Maggie’s such a good dog and will hold it with the best of them. I opened the dog door and Maggie shot out of it like a bullet. She really had to go something fierce. I know she had to be terribly uncomfortable. I feel like such a schmuck.

Sticks and Clothes Hangers? What’s This?

Charlie and Horsefly stopped by again for a short visit last night. Horsefly had a wire clothes hanger and was transfixed as he waved it in front of his chest mesmerized by the motion it made.

“What’s this?” I asked Charlie clandestinely.

“He was doing it with sticks he found in the yard and I guess he moved up in the world getting a clothes hanger,” Charlie replied with a chuckle.

Horsefly continued to pace around the house as he briskly waved that clothes hanger in front of him.

No comments: