Monday, October 15, 2018

I Make a Mean Sammich…

We seem to be back on track as far as our grocery buying schedule is concerned. Monday night it is! I still had a lot of food left from last week so this allowed me to buy things I normally couldn’t afford like a two pack of large Jif peanut butter jars. Those were $11 dollars. I think my total was around $75 dollars tonight.

I lost two pounds last week so I continued with the trend of what I ate last week. Sandwiches aren’t a binge food for me as it takes care and time to make them. I got smoked provolone, garlic and herb jack, baby swiss, and tomato and herb jack cheeses tonight. I also got two pounds of sliced Boar’s Head roasted turkey from the deli. That stuff was expensive!!! I rounded it all out with two loaves of the rich and yeasty Artisan bakery bread I have become enamored with. Dad asked me tonight that he had noticed I was buying that now and how it tasted.

“Softest and freshest bread I have tasted on the bread aisle,” I told him.

I have been searching for such a bread for months nay years now.

My big splurge item besides the sliced turkey was a big bottle of Califia iced mocha coffee.

For my one sweet item, I bought a bunch of bananas instead of 4 bags of powdered Hostess donuts. Hey, I am trying.

Old Fuss and Feathers did his shopping while I shopped as well. He returned from putting his groceries in his car just as I was ready to check out. We were perfectly choreographed tonight.

We both gawked as we walked to our cars. The police had someone pulled over in the parking lot.

“Glad that’s not me!” Old Fuss and Feathers loudly said.

“Such a terrible feeling,” I replied as I shook my head.

I paid careful heed to the speed limits on the drive home. The police were out in force this evening. There was no lack of flies for their fly traps tonight it seemed as I saw another car pulled over down highway 29.  I know this sounds cynical, but they probably had a quota and needed the revenue.

No comments: