Sunday, September 24, 2017

A Stymied Charlie...

Craving the Monster...

Yes, I had the most incredible beer cravings last night. More than I have had in years. I don't know what got into me, but I am sure glad I didn't drink. The last thing I needed this morning was a hangover or that wasted feeling you get after drinking a six pack the night before. I chalked it up to being vestigial in nature -- the old action packed alcoholic gene acting up.

What Are We Going to Do About Our George?

George, my neighbor, is in and out of his carport door all day loudly slamming it then locking it. It starts to wear on your nerves after awhile. He will then check to see if his alarm is engaged on his car. I hear that bleep of the horn all throughout the day as well. He seems like a man possessed. I think he is drinking a beer, having a smoke, and then going back inside.

Vittles at Ten and at One...

Charlie was here about on time with breakfast biscuits at 10 am this morning. Maggie was on the bed when I hollered Charlie was here! I saw him pull up as I sat at this computer. She came bolting off the bed and ran into the den barking up a storm. We were all glad to see him.

"At least, someone is glad to see me!" Charlie said laughing as I opened the front door.

"You're special," I reminded Charlie. "You are the beta dog -- second in command to Maggie's dynasty."

Charlie told me he would bring a lunch of Captain D's jumbo fish platter around 1 pm. I innocently asked if we could go ahead and take my medications and it sort of flustered Charlie which was not my intent. I didn't know my father would be back tonight.

"You don't want to wait until your daddy gets back?" Charlie asked a stymied me as well. "He gets back tonight."

"That might be 10 pm tonight," I replied sounding kind of pitiful and extremely worried.

"We'll talk about it when I bring your lunch," Charlie told me scratching his head in thought.

I told Charlie not to worry about it and that I was imposing on him, but he seemed intent on giving them to me before he left after lunch and our short discussion.

1 comment:

glittermom said...

Don’t take advantage of Charlie’s good nature, stay on your medication schedule. You’ll do better on a reg. Schedule. If you could divide your drugs in two separate times a day that might help. I don’t think taking them all at once is what’s prescribed.