Monday, September 25, 2017

Can We Have a Little Decorum Around Here?

Come One Come All
Early this morning, I was sitting at my kitchen table eating bacon and yeast biscuits going about my peaceful and calm life when the phone rang. I walked into the computer room to answer it. It was Tuleana. I noted to myself that it was pretty early to be calling someone.

"Richard wants to know if you will take him to the pawn shop this morning. We are out of money," she told me. "We need to go to Walmart to get something to eat."

He bought Grand Theft Auto V for his PlayStation 3 the other day for $50 bucks and would probably get $10 bucks at the pawn shop for it. I don't know about you, but pawn shops conjure up images of theft and drug addicts to me. They prey on cash-strapped desperate people.

"Richard needs to quit buying expensive video games and Blu-Ray movies with your disability money," I told her very bluntly.

Everybody, meaning all my friends and family, had warned me of them, but I wouldn't listen. I learn my lessons the hard way in the school of hard knocks. I was just so desperate to have some interesting and neat friends.

Well, I told Tuleana I couldn't do that and hung up the phone. I then unplugged the phone from the wall when she kept calling back trying to reach me countless times. I was not putting up with all that crazy shit today. I had enough.

It gets crazier. Tuleana then called the pharmacy wanting my father's phone number saying she couldn't reach me. That was the coup d'etat of this friendship.

5 comments:

Jane said...

that was rude of tuleana to call the pharmacy!

Jane said...

not only was it rude, it was way out of line!

amelia said...

Maybe this time your dad should deal with them. They have involved him themselves.

Rita said...

You are not the only one who has dealt with people who want to live high on the hog while they are on the dole on the taxpayers dime. I know people who sell their food stamps to buy cigarettes, alcohol and marijuana. Work? Heck no. When people like this get to the end of their finances and need food, then they are looking for fools like you and me to get them through their days until the next government dole comes through. Personally, I can't stand people who have their priorities all mixed up and think that someone like me will rescue them. I won't and it is the best way to end a miserable relationship where people don't give a hoot about me anyway.

Kran's Crackers said...

I said it once before, when Tulena needed Excedrin and Rich had spent a lot of money the day before on video games or DVD's. However, I know you've been cautious ever since you've had incidents with them, and I respect your decision. I'm sorry that it worked out this way though, for your sake. You need good friends who don't try to use you.
- Sharon -