Monday, September 04, 2017

All's Well in Andrew's and Maggie's Land,..


Well, I managed to spend 100 smackeroos on groceries tonight -- mostly on Marie Callender's meals at my father's request. It made me wince in displeasure at the total tally. I have a meatloaf and vegetable meal in the microwave as I write this and I have to admit it smells quite hunger inducing -- causing my stomach to grumble and to protest about its emptiness. Maggie's dog food alone cost over $16 dollars. I apologized to my father about my expenditures until he reminded me of the dog food and how much it cost. Maggie got her usual venison and turkey true instinct blend.

Dad was a regular space cadet tonight and quite frankly not all there. I didn't smell alcohol on his breath, though. He just seemed tired, scatter brained, and he also has to work 10 hours tomorrow at the pharmacy. Sleep tight Johnny Otis and feel better in the morning.

You know what I absolutely hate and abhor? Unloading all these damnable groceries every Monday night. I back up to the front step of the house and hurriedly carry them inside and I put them up as I go. Maggie supervises by being under foot.

No comments: