Thursday, September 28, 2017

Respite Comes in a Black Honda, Too...

I was so glad to see Papa tonight. He pulled up and I quickly ran some trash out into the trashcan. We walked inside and I gave him a big old hug -- the likes he probably hasn't had in awhile.

"You're feeling your oats," he said to me chuckling.

"You should have seen me at seven," I replied excitedly. "My computer clock showed seven and Mags and I knew the cavalry was on its way!"

"You're just ready for some medications," dad said jokingly.

I told him all about my busy day. The trains. Getting a snack at the convenience store. Almost taking Maggie to the vet. My adventures in computer hardware. Charlie stepping in dogshit.

"How much has the phone rang today?" dad then asked.

"It rang about four times when I was at home," I told him.

"Well, that's an improvement over twenty times a day," he said. "That lady was crazy!"

"Oh, you got another package from UPS," dad said. "It is some audio cables for your stereo. I set them on the piano."

My father was ready to go so we walked into the laundry room and fed and watered Maggie. She looked on with much approval before getting a bug up her butt and flying out the dog door barking up a storm. We must protect our family, the humans.

No comments: