Monday, September 25, 2017

Jermaine Reemerges From Hiding...

"Don't look now," my father said with an air of caution. "But here comes Jermaine through the front door."

Jermaine shook my father's hand and then shook my hand telling us how much he had missed us. Jermaine is lumberingly tall and towered over my father and I. We were on our way out of Kroger.

"I started coming at midnight to avoid the crowds," Jermaine told my father as he took his seat on his Hov-a-round.

It was time for shopping Jermaine style.

Dad and I quickly bid Jermaine well and hurriedly headed to our cars. Our reunion was short and sweet.

"I can't believe you got that much groceries for $77 dollars," my father told me astonished as he helped me load up my groceries into the back of my Honda. "You must've gotten 10 Marie Callendar's meals."

"I didn't have to buy my $10 dollars worth of cereal this week," I replied to my father. "I still have last week's cereal to eat."

Dad also noted that I got the biggest bunch of green bananas that has probably ever graced Kroger's produce department.

"I got the value pack," I laughingly told my father. "I am helplessly addicted to bananas at the moment."

No comments: