Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Chilly? No, Chili...

A Very Picturesque Chili Dog
I just adore it when my father brings culinary surprises like tonight. Papa brought me two chili dogs, potato chips, and some heavily doctored Bush's baked beans. The food my father cooks usually become culinary masterpieces if you can place a chili dog under that moniker.

"Go on and eat it while it is hot," my father told me as he was stepping out my front door.

We had just completed the medication ritual and Maggie's ritual.

Papa wasn't gone long until I had a mouthful of chili dog. You could also hear the crunch of potato chips in my mouth. The smells of chili dog heaven were driving Maggie absolutely crazy.

"You can't eat onions, sweetheart," I told my dear little companion.

I went and got her several slices of bologna and warmed them up some in the microwave. That made Maggie a happy little dog.

Imposition Boulevard...

Tuleana called me this morning wanting and begging me to take them to Walmart. I had barely crawled out of the bed when the phone rang and was nursing a milky and sweet cup of coffee in front of my computer. I've said it before, but Walmart is like Mecca to the Muslims when it concerns Rich and Tuleana.

"We go every Friday to get groceries now and Fridays only," I replied to her sticking to our agreement. "Call your sister about taking you and Rich."

Computer Bliss...

Ah, bless...

"Dad?" I asked tonight. "Can I order two computer parts? My hard drive on my gaming rig is almost out of space."

"How much is the order?" my father asked warily.

I winced as I told him it was $273 dollars.

"We'll get you some parts," my father told. "Email to Matt what you need in the morning."

1 comment:

Jane said...

I love chili dogs,and chili spaghetti!