Monday, September 18, 2017

Sometimes it is the Little Things That Can Excite You...

I couldn't wait to get home and try the Liquid Plumber I bought for a bathroom sink that has been very slow to drain for years. Don't ask me why I haven't done this sooner, but I have to be very careful about my father with such regards. He will try to call our plumber, Mike, and I have to go on a mad cleaning spree before Mike gets here so he won't think I am a total slob. I just poured it into the sink so we shall soon see by morning if it works.

I conformed to a typical Papa pleasing Andrew shopping trip tonight. I got one pie, an Edwards turtle pie, which will be an interesting new pie to try. A big pack of $3.99 Little Debbie honeybuns were on the venue as something sweet as well. I got some Marie Callender meals and some cereal. I got four of the Marie's turkey and dressing meals which are my favorite as far as frozen meals go. I also couldn't leave without my 4 gallons of whole milk. Think frosted flakes. The total came to be just under seventy dollars which pleased my father very much.

"Let's get back to normalcy," he said to me hugging me as we walked across the parking lot. "You did good tonight."

The night got off to an auspicious start when my father still had not arrived at 9:30 pm and we also had to fill up our cars with gas as well. As I had surmised, my father got caught by his cell phone and was talking away to his cousin Johnny as time slipped up on him. He called me apologizing and told me to go ahead and head-out down to the Circle K. He would meet me there.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I use a little bit of bleach to open a slow drain.....