Sunday, September 24, 2017

The Papas is Home...

On a whim, I drove over to my parent's house and rung the back doorbell late this afternoon. I didn't have any real hopes of my father really being home yet. Imagine my surprise when dad opened the back door and beckoned for me to come inside. We gave each other a big hug and were both so glad to see each other.

"I wish you could have gone," my father told me.

"My medication rituals would have been a logistical nightmare, though, on such a trip," I replied.

Dad regaled me in the ins and outs of their trip. Auburn won big (51 to 14) and that was a very appreciated bonus. Jovial spirits abounded as they all went to a local bar to celebrate. Dad said he didn't get in the bed until after two and their flight left at six in the morning.

"I closed my eyes and then it was time to get up again," he said.

Dad said he was fixing to touch base with Charlie and Sunday night fried chicken is going as planned. I saw Charlie parked at his house by dad's house with the garage door up. He must've been surveying his "loot" and other housely treasures lying within.

No comments: