Tuesday, September 19, 2017

My Doting Mother Hen and Good Days Come My Way...

I just called dad to tell him I hoped he would have a good day. He sounded jovial and in good spirits and we bantered back and forth for a few minutes in conversation. We were both having a good start to our day.

"Be thinking of me," I told my father. "It is going to be a long day until I get my medications tonight."

I've gotten so used to getting my medications around noon lately and it has been very nice. I've been spoiled. I am sort of afraid today in that I will experience withdrawal and be miserable. Today is going to be a test of my mettle and I also told my father this. It will be well over 24 hours since I took my last dosage of crazy meds tonight when my father arrives for the medication ritual. So far, I feel fine and dandy, and let's hope it stays that way.

"You can do it," dad replied. "Let's get back on schedule. Think good thoughts! Half of your problem is psychosomatic anyway."

I have no other recourse so it serves no purpose for me to worry and fret.

As soon as I hung up the cordless phone in its cradle, my doting mother hen, Tuleana, called.

"Hey, Jon-Jon. What did you have for breakfast?" Tuleana asked.

"I had some cheese eggs and some frozen yeast biscuits toasted in my toaster oven," I told her.

"Did you manage to get some gas?" she then asked worriedly.

"I've got a full tank so we have a green light to go Friday for getting groceries."

She sounded as happy as I felt this morning.

"I don't know what we would do without you!" she said. "Thank you!"

No comments: