Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Bless My Lucky Charms!


My package of computer parts is in transit for delivery! I am so excited I about can't stand it! I just quickly called my father at work and told him to check the side door and front door to his house when he gets home tonight. He laughed at my exuberance. It will be a surprisingly small but very heavy package. The hard drive weighs about 3 pounds.

It should be a simple, pain-free install. The Samsung solid state drive is 2.5 inches in size. I have to install it with a 3.5-inch bracket I already have on hand. The 3.5 inch Seagate hard drive will fit right in the hard drive cage in my case. I have to screw them in and then attach the power cables and then the SATA III data cables and I am ready to go. I might have to format them in disk management, but hopefully not.

My Western Digital Velociraptor 600 Gigabyte drive is slam full of games, movies, and music and they will be moved over to my new overly spacious 4 Terabyte drive.

No comments: