Thursday, September 21, 2017

Uncannily Quiet...

It was foreboding when I saw a new receptionist manning the lobby window this morning. I moaned under my breath -- malfunction junction most likely. I had to wait quite a little bit longer this morning than usual. It really is a sight for sore eyes when Rebecca steps out into the lobby and calls me back.

"Are you okay?" I asked my nurse Rebecca on this beautiful Thursday morning.

Rebecca was not her usual chipper and talkative self as I took a seat in the examining room.

"I am not very chatty today, am I?" she asked with a weak smile as she assembled my injection.

"I am the king of social gaffes and thought that maybe I said something wrong," I replied. "I also internalize other people's problems. It is just part of being me."

"My littlest one didn't want to go to preschool today and it is tugging on my heart. She cried and cried," Rebecca said. "I wish we could afford for me to stay home and take care of the kids."

The injection burned something fierce this morning, but I am a big boy and I can take the pain.

Computer Heaven...

"I got your email this morning," Matt, the pharmacy computer guru, told me when I walked into the drug store. "You must be having storage issues."

I was so glad to see Matt!

"I am about out of space on both the C and D drives in my main gaming computer," I replied.

"Well, your parts are on the way," Matt told me with an accomplished and smug grin.

I thanked him profusely and then took my leave of the pharmacy after handing my father my next appointment card. Matt further said he emailed me the tracking numbers for my order.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I remember feeling the way Rebecca is feeling.............it's a very tough thing to go through......the guilt is horrible.........I feel for her!