Friday, September 29, 2017

Pulling a Martha...

I was just looking at this photo of Maggie and realized how much gray hair she has on her face now. She's getting to be an old gal these days.

****************

Dad called me a moment ago to see how I was doing. He was very jovial and we were both in good spirits joking and laughing with much banter back and forth.

"I am going to do you a favor tonight," he said. "I will be over there no later than 7:30 pm with your medications."

"I am up to taking them now if you want to," I told my father jokingly full of wishful thinking.

"No, we need to get back on schedule," he replied with a tone of seriousness in his voice.

Well, this thrilled me absolutely to death. I usually would have to wait until 9 pm or 9:30 pm on a day he doesn't work. He'll get on that cell phone and talk for hours.

"You pulled a Martha on me last night," dad said joking and laughing. "No sooner than I had stepped out of my car, you told me about Maggie's ingrown dew claw and how much pain she was in. Your mother would meet me at the garage door with similar issues."

I laughed and laughed as dad laughed as well.

"I know I did," I said with a chuckle. "I couldn't help it! Maggie is just miserable and I am so worried about her. That's got to be terribly painful."

"We'll take her out to the vet in the morning," my father told me. "You can hold her and I can drive."

No comments: