Monday, September 11, 2017

"It's nasty out there," said my father.,.

Well, we managed to get my groceries tonight. Loading and unloading was a test of my mettle -- the rain feeling like shards of ice cutting through your skin. The gale like wind was blowing the rain sideways compounding the pain and discomfort.

When I got home, I unloaded my groceries in record time. Maggie looked on upon the couch with an air of curiosity and great impudence. "Just what is he doing and at such great speed?"

Fruit juice was the theme tonight. I got all different kinds of fruit juices prompted by last week's impulse buy of apple juice. I really enjoyed that apple juice last week. I got mango, cran-grape, and guava for tonight's selection preferring the tropical side of the juice world.

My main expenditure tonight was ground chuck which was almost $20 alone. Yes, I am making my spaghetti once again. I braced for impact and derision upon the clerk ringing up my last item and the total was $77.00 dollars for which my father smiled. I sighed with relief and my mouth broke out into a big grin as well.

No comments: