Sunday, September 10, 2017

It is Just Tropical Storm Irma...

They now have us under a tropical storm warning according to the National Hurricane Service in Miami. I used to would welcome this -- the interesting weather that is. I would get excited with giddy and glee. I just don't want my power to go out. Having zero power means having to do without my precious and beloved computers.

"I told you this would happen just like Opal," I said to my father earlier on the phone. "I bet there is not a speck of milk and bread at Kroger right now."

Dad chuckled agreeing with me.

"We will still be able to use our cell phones," I then told my father who sighed with relief. "All cell towers have electric generators these days."

I have never understood why people buy perishable food during events such as this. Get you a case of Chef Boyardee and you can just eat it out of the can. I have ten cans of Beefaroni in the cabinets back in the kitchen. I also have over half a case of military MREs or meals, ready to eat. They say the MREs can stay in cool storage for up to 10 to 15 years.


2 comments:

diana said...

My Aba is a NATO soldier, MRE's suck. Get some ice and a cooler and make sandwiches :-)

Jane said...

I used to buy MRE's for my sons when they were in grade school. They'd use them when they would camp in the back yard, or when they'd play army... :O)