Wednesday, September 06, 2017

Where Shall Dear Irma Go?

Tropical Weather Outlook
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL
800 AM EDT Wed Sep 6, 2017

For the North Atlantic...The Caribbean Sea and the Gulf of Mexico:

The National Hurricane Center is issuing advisories on Hurricane
Irma, located over the northern Leeward Islands, on Tropical Storm
Jose, located over the central Atlantic Ocean, and on Tropical Storm
Katia, located over the southwestern Gulf of Mexico.

Tropical cyclone formation is not expected during the next 5 days.



Strongest storm in recorded Atlantic basin history. No one knows where she really will go. I am afraid it will be another Opal for us which was devastating. Dad and I couldn't reach his mother's house due to all the trees down across the roads.

I used to have a boss named Irma. She, too, was a spitfire. I was the "tropical fish guy" and quite enjoyed my job as long as I stayed out of Irma's wake and away from her ire. She would get onto me for ordering too much tropical fish. Ah, the lackadaisical college days.

"You going to the grocery store tonight?" I just asked my father over the phone.

He said yes and I told him to stock up on bottled water. No one around here is taking this storm seriously. We are also going to fill up all our cars with gas just in case. We will do that after the medication ritual tonight,.

3 comments:

diana said...

Even if Irma misses you best to fill up any way because gas will go up.

Rita said...

I hope you are well prepared for the worst possible from Irma.

Kran's Crackers said...

Make sure you have plenty of food for yourself and Maggie just in case you can't get to the store easily afterwards. Fill bottles or bins with water for you two also! Stay safe! - Sharon -