Thursday, September 14, 2017

Oh, I've Got a Bad Case of the TVs...

Well, my television finally gave up its ghost. It was taking longer and longer to come on -- sometimes about 15 minutes or more. Charlie came by very early this morning to measure the spot my TV fits into my entertainment center so he will get the right size television.

"I'd rather have a nice computer monitor for that price," I told my father last night much to his dismay. "I rarely watch the television except for when I am eating."

"You can't go without a television," is all my television addicted father stalwartly said in return.

So, Charlie is getting me a television at Walmart this afternoon and I expect him to show up tonight to help me hook it up. At least, with Charlie purchasing my boob tube, it will be a nice TV. (I am hoping I can hook it up to my computer 😇)

Irma's Impacts on Central Alabama...

We came away pretty unscathed. We have a lot of trees down here, but we never did lose power. For that, I am very grateful. A very big tree fell in my father's yard over onto his neighbor's fence. That means my father has to pay to dispose of the tree and to fix Donnie's fence. He was grumbling about it yesterday when I was over at his house.

There is a huge limb down in my backyard that just barely missed my fence. Dad has a chainsaw and I am going to cut it up into manageable pieces and carry it to the road for pickup by the city.

2 comments:

glittermom said...

Your father is not responsible if his tree fell on the neighbors property...the neighbors insurance should pay for it..

skinny minny said...

Actually, glittermom, yes he is responsible. HIS tree on HIS property fell and damaged his neighbors fence HIS home owners insurance should cover it if he files it... but it may not be worth it depending on the deductible.
Glad you come through the storm alright.