Friday, September 15, 2017

I Don't Wanna Wait!

Unfortunately, this morning is my visit with my psychiatrist which always equals a long, anxious and crazed wait in the lobby. It can seem like an eternity as patient after patient is called back and not us. My anxiety grows and grows as well to the point my hands soon shake. Dad and I will anxiously look at our watches as time passes. Dad and I both agreed to get the earliest possible appointment this time which is ten our time and nine Auburn time so hopefully, that will help.

One great caveat of this little venture is the two steak biscuits I get at Hardee's afterward. Those things are heaven on earth. Dad always gets a sausage biscuit and a Senior coffee.

"Now, don't say anything is wrong and you won't have to come back in six months," my father coached me over the phone this morning.

We were both trying to wake up, shower, and get dressed.

"What if something was wrong and I need help?" I argumentatively asked my father.

I had wanted to talk about how I cycle from day to night as far as my sleeping habits go.

"Then we will have to come back in two weeks after a medication adjustment or addition," my father replied sounding exasperated. "You don't want to have to come back in two weeks, do you?"

No comments: