Saturday, September 09, 2017

Touchdown Auburn!

My brother and my father work so very hard at getting me to show an interest in football. There are a thousand things I would rather be doing, though.

"Football is good for your heart and soul," my father jubilantly told me a moment ago at his house.

It is also a religion in the South. My father may be an atheist, but he is an acolyte in the Church of the Pigskin.

Papa couldn't break away from the football game he was watching on the television to bring me my medications. I took the initiative and drove over to get them instead.

"I am glad to see you!" my father told me chirpily at the backdoor. "I was dreading the thought of having to get dressed and head to your house to give you you're medications."

Well, that blunt statement made me feel special (sarcasm).

County Road 388 Happenings...


Tuleana called me earlier in a panic and told me she was having another terrible migraine and would I mind going to buy her some Excedrin at Walmart.

"Sweetheart, I am out of gas and it doesn't look like I will get any more until tomorrow."

She sounded so despondent over the phone. I felt helpless as well.

6 comments:

glittermom said...

Your either like football or not. You can't be talked into it.. I'm not a fan at all....

glittermom said...

Don't either of them have any family that can help them ?

diana said...

There are prescription meds for migraines, even botox injections. Some seizure meds when taken daily prevent them almost completely. Excedrin does nothing for me.

glittermom said...

I think auburn lost ...your dad will be in a bad mood. Good thing he's not coming over tonight.

Summer said...

An acolyte....hahaha. I hate football too, so does my youngest son.

Kran's Crackers said...

Maybe instead of Rich buying a DVD at the pawn shop he should have bought his wife a bottle of aspirin at the Dollar Tree.