Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Man with the Plan...

"I took a different route home this evening down hwy. 280 and up the interstate. I thought I would stop and get your favorite chicken sandwiches," Charlie told me walking across my yard. "You get Chick-fil-A tonight."

I thanked Charlie profusely and welcomed him inside for a moment. Maggie was putting up a fuss to see him.

Charlie then started looking for a stick and something to scrape his shoe with.

"What are you doing?" I asked Charlie as he sat down on my front steps.

"I just stepped in some goddamned dogshit in your yard!" Charlie exclaimed huffily. "Well, I'll be damned!"

It took all I could muster not to burst out laughing. It was the way Charlie said it. Charlie and my father have been known to have potty mouths.

"Well, it couldn't be Maggie as she only shits in the backyard," I replied not helping much.

Charlie took off his shoe and got to rubbing it in the grass until he was satisfied his loafer was clean.

"Bless your dear heart, Charlie," I said with a chuckle as he came inside to see Maggie.

Charlie's duties never end. Janice will have given Horsefly a bath this evening and they will soon be on their way to the bowling alley. They also have a stop at KFC for Horsefly's nightly chicken strips.

No comments: